Allow your skills to flourish at Antrim 1844’s award winning boutique hotel & estate. Antrim 1844 is a well-established luxury boutique hotel, fine dining restaurant, and wedding venue located just 15 minutes south of Gettysburg, PA and 25 minutes north of Frederick, MD. Our wine cellar, one of the largest collections on the east coast, boasts over 20,000 bottles, has been awarded the Wine Specatator Best of Award of Excellence for over a decade. Raved as one of the most prestigious inns in the country by Zagat Survey, this Historic Hotel of America property features 40 unique guestrooms and suites spanning through 11 houses on 24-acres of pristine lawns and manicured gardens and is a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame inductee. Antrim 1844’s culinary facilities include the Smokehouse Restaurant serving a six-course prix-fize dinner nightly in the main house and a separate 275-person capacity banquet facility. The Smokehouse Restaurant is listed in the top 1% of restaurants in North America by DiRoNA.
FULL-TIME BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Paid Sick Leave
Paid Personal Leave
Accommodations & Dining Discounts for Hotel & Smokehouse Restaurant
Annual Employee Party
Accommodation Discounts at Participating Historic Hotels of America Members
- Advanced product knowledge.
- 2-3 years of fine dining culinary service experience.
- The ability to work cleanly and efficiently with respect for quality ingredients and careful attention to preparation.
- The ability to ensure smooth service operations both individually and as a team.
- High standards of excellence, superior culinary skills and a refined palate.
- Must be motivated and possess excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
- Take food and beverage orders
- Serve and retrieve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables.
- Ensure prompt delivery of food to the guest’s table.
- Ensure proper payments are received for all orders.
- Ensure cleanliness of restaurant including polished flatware, clean glassware and plates.
- Be familiar with all property amenities and other restaurants.
- Knowledge of dining room procedures, presentation, service, bussing, customer relations and sanitation.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interpret and explain menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and to understand requests.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work a varying and flexible schedule.
- Restaurant: 1 year
- Fine Dining: 1 year