The Smokehouse Restaurant at Antrim 1844 is currently seeking highly motivated and dedicated servers to join our renowned fine dining team to continue the legacy of this historic property. The ideal candidate will be willing to learn and further educate themselves in all aspects of the restaurant. From plating and presentation of our global cuisine to pairing the perfect wine from one of the largest wine cellars on the Eastern seaboard.
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining. Restaurant servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest's needs and ensure they feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
Server Job Duties:
- Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting candles, napkins, service plates and utensils
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage policies
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails and aperitifs; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons' choices from bar and kitchen; delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting patrons to return
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to hostperson; returning change or credit card and signature slips to patrons
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Server Skills & Qualifications
General Math Skills, Verbal Communication, Customer Service, Resolving Conflict, Teamwork, Endurance, Selling to Customer Needs, Attentiveness, Professionalism, Client Relationships